CPMC’s Community Health Resource Center (CHRC) helps patients and community members be proactive about maintaining wellness and managing chronic diseases. Through our library, classes, and community outreach programs we are working to build a culture of health in San Francisco. CHRC care providers also meet with patients individually to provide behavioral health services and nutrition counseling. Thanks to our philanthropic partners, CHRC is able to offer all services to those who need them for free or on a sliding scale.
Recent Achievements at the CHRC
- 16,156 units of service were provided by CHRC in 2018, including health education, health screenings, nutrition counseling and behavioral health services.
- CPMC’s Breast Health Center and in Transplant Program patients now receive compassionate support from CHRC’s social workers.
- Newly-diagnosed cancer patients receive vital services from CHRC social workers and Cancer Buddy volunteer peer support program.
- Our partnership with San Francisco’s Department of Public Health has grown to include health screenings at Project Homeless Connect and Portola Family Connections.
- Free health screenings are available at Chinatown YMCA, Stonestown YMCA, Mission YMCA, Mission Neighborhood Centers, and at CPMC’s Pacific Campus.
CPMC’s Community Health Resource Center plans to provide health screenings through the Mission Housing Development Corporation, a non-profit organization that connects San Francisco residents with supportive services. We also hope to provide targeted nutrition advice for patients with kidney disease, and to add a social worker to work with heart transplant patients.
None of these services would be possible without our philanthropic partners. Every dollar works to benefit thousands of community members and enables them to live better, more fulfilling and extended lives.
— Scott Plymale, executive director, CHRC
Philanthropy Powers Our Innovation
You can be a catalyst in transforming healthcare in San Francisco. 100% of your philanthropic investment goes directly to the CPMC program that most inspires you. For more information about the many ways to give to CPMC, please contact:
Senior Development Officer
2015 Steiner Street
San Francisco, California 94115