With help from our philanthropic partners, Sutter Health’s CPMC can continue to offer compassionate, personalized care to the elderly and dying, regardless of their ability to pay.
Giving Opportunities in Elder and End of Life Care
- Acute Care for the Elderly (ACE) — CPMC's new Mission Bernal Campus offers an ACE unit as a novel model of care delivered by an interdisciplinary team to hospitalized older adults to improve patient outcomes.
- Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP) — The mortality rate for elderly patients suffering from hospital-induced delirium is an astounding 65 percent. Funded completely by philanthropy, this unique program trains volunteers to keep these patients alert and increase their functional independence, directly reducing falls and hospital readmission rates.
- Program in Medicine and Human Values (PMHV) — Your philanthropic investment will help provide clinical ethics consultations for patients, their families and caregivers while they deal with difficult decisions, and help guide loved ones toward a decision they believe the patient would make themselves if they could.
- Ungerleider Palliative Care Education Fund — Caring for patients at the end of life and helping to guide them toward appropriate care requires core knowledge of compassionate palliative practices.
- Coming Home Hospice — Here end-of-life care for terminally ill patients and their families is provided in a peaceful, homelike environment. Thanks to philanthropy, comprehensive services including 24-hour nursing and medical care, counseling, meals, and housekeeping services are made possible on a sliding scale.
Philanthropy Powers Our Innovation
You can be a catalyst in transforming healthcare in San Francisco. Your philanthropic investment empowers the physicians and care teams at CPMC to accomplish extraordinary things they otherwise would not be able to do.
Emilia De Luz
Senior Development Officer
2015 Steiner Street
San Francisco, California 94115