Thanks to visionary philanthropic partners, CPMC cancer patients get the expertise of an academic medical center combined with the compassion and convenience of their local community hospital. Learn more about cancer programs where your gift can have a direct impact.
Giving Opportunities in Cancer Care
- CPMC's Comprehensive Cancer Program — A local leader in the transformation of cancer care, the program offers patients a "whole person" approach focused on all aspects of healing including diagnosis, patient navigation, treatment, recovery and survivorship.
- Cancer Avatar Research Project — Scientists at CPMC's Research Institute are developing a new approach to move beyond the current paradigm for treating cancer to precision therapies based on your own genetic profile.
- Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Program — Shelby and Michelle Notkin understand the necessity for breast cancer patient recovery programs.
- Cancer Patient Navigator Program — This program offers patients and their healthcare team access to dedicated nurse navigators to help each step of the way from diagnosis through treatment and survivorship.
- Dr. Goodson Breast Cancer Research Fund — Dr. Goodson studies interactions between environmental chemicals and the development of cancer; techniques to improve breast exams and timely diagnosis.
- Gynecologic Oncology — Dr. John Chan's research efforts—funded in part by philanthropy—give gynecologic cancer patients at CPMC access to more clinical trials than any other medical center on the West Coast.
- Center for Melanoma Research and Treatment — Mohammed Kashani-Sabet, M.D., the center’s medical director, is a renowned dermatologist and recipient of the Humanitarian Award from the Melanoma Research Foundation for exemplary patient care, research and scientific leadership.
- Shelby and Michelle Notkin understand the necessity for breast cancer recovery programs.
- Bryan Hemming — His gift established the Bryan Hemming Cancer Care Center Infusion Suite and Patient Support Services.
- A partnership of inspired donors funded CPMC's Chair in Melanoma Research and Treatment, held by Mohammed Kashani-Sabet, M.D.
- Carol Baer is a breast cancer survivor and a charitable investor in the Breast Health Center and breast cancer research at CPMC.
- Chuck Williams founder of Williams-Sonoma, Inc., made one of the largest philanthropic investments in CPMC Foundation history to benefit cancer research and treatment at CPMC.
- More than 2,500 patients are treated for cancer every year at CPMC.
- CPMC patients with stage 4 melanoma have a 5-year survival rate that is nearly double that of the national average.
- Gynecologic cancer patients at CPMC have access to more clinical trials than any other medical center on the West Coast.
Philanthropy Powers Our Innovation
You can be a catalyst in transforming cancer care. 100% of your philanthropic investment goes directly to the CPMC Cancer program that most inspires you. For more information about the many ways to give to cancer research and treatment at CPMC, please contact:
Campaign Director, Cancer Center
2015 Steiner Street
San Francisco, CA 94115