CPMC's two new, state-of-the-art hospitals have been designed with the needs of patients and families in mind.
Our new Mission Bernal campus at Valencia and Cesar Chavez opened in August 2018. Each patient room is private, and features an integrated nurse call system along with a multi-purpose media system capable of providing patient education, communication and entertainment features. The Van Ness campus at Geary will open in early 2019 and will also feature roof gardens and a pediatric emergency department.
In addition to amenities that will create a healing environment, the hospitals also feature elements that help nurses and doctors provide the best care possible. Our new campuses will provide a safe, sustainable and comfortable experience for patients and families.
CPMC's new hospitals will be smarter, safer, and greener with fully integrated technology systems.
- 100% of our patient rooms will be private with exterior views and natural light.
- Fresh, outdoor air will be used in the hospitals, instead of recirculated air.
- Hospitals will feature original art commissioned from local artists.
- Our hospitals will be self-sustaining for 72 hours—generators, supplies, fuel, water, food.
- 60% Apprentices were selected from San Francisco.
- 35% Workers were hired from San Francisco.
- LEED-Certified Green.
CPMC Foundation invites your visionary philanthropic partnership to change the future of health care in our community. Here are just a few stories of our community investing in CPMC's new hospitals in valuable ways:
Your City, Your Hospital journal
Enjoy CPMC Foundation's journal publication featuring philanthropy for and updates on CPMC's two new hospitals.
A Workers View
For Jim Benney, R.N., Senior Project Manager for Facility & Property Services at Sutter Health, his work is his passion. Jim is now in his fifth year of managing the design and transition of CPMC’s two new hospitals at Van Ness and Mission Bernal.