Do you like meeting new people and helping others? PAMF's Palo Alto Center Volunteer Program is currently seeking dedicated volunteers who can help us put a smile on every patient's face and add a personal touch to the care patients receive.
Our volunteers assist with a number of tasks throughout the Palo Alto Center, including:
- Greeting patients
- Staffing general information desks
- Guiding patients to various locations and departments on the campus
- Calling cabs
- Providing wheelchair assistance and transportation
- Helping patients navigate the parking garages
- Setting out magazines in waiting areas
- Generally making patients comfortable through simple acts of kindness, such as offering a listening ear or a cup of water
There are many benefits of volunteering at PAMF's Palo Alto Center, including:
- The satisfaction of helping others by making patients feel comfortable and letting them get through their visits as efficiently as possible
- A free lunch at PAMF's employee cafeteria for every four hours of service
- "Get acquainted" luncheons and special events with guest speakers
- Palo Alto Center volunteers work four-hour shifts, Monday through Friday. Shifts are from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm and from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
- Most volunteers work once or twice a week, and we ask that interested volunteers make a one-year commitment.
- Volunteers must be willing to be stationed at various areas throughout the clinic.
In addition, interested volunteers should be:
- 18 years old or older
- Willing to undergo a tuberculosis screening and brief background check
- Able to come in for an interview prior to starting