If you are a Sutter Health patient, please visit our Patient Community Alert page for more information.
Apply for Disaster Assistance
Employees, foundation-affiliated physicians, advanced practice clinicians and medical staff members may be eligible for several types of assistance and resources. If you have questions, please call (866) 961-2889.
Red Cross Fire Victim Assistance
If you are displaced or evacuated during the Northern California wildfires contact the Red Cross, (844) 236-0153.
To inform family and friends of your status, register at American Red Cross Safe and Well.
Coping With Poor Air Quality
As the fires in Northern California continue, the air quality is poor. When air pollution is bad, it can irritate your eyes, nose, and throat, cause shortness of breath, aggravate asthma and other respiratory conditions.
Dr. William Isenberg, vice president for patient safety at Sutter Health’s Office of the Patient Experience, offers the following precautions during this time of smoky or poor air:
- Stay indoors, if possible.
- Use air conditioning, if available—malls are great places for people without their own air conditioning at home.
- Keep hydrated— drinking 8-10, 8 ounces glasses of water per day is recommended.
- Use your maintenance puffers/inhalers if you have asthma, emphysema, or other respiratory diseases
- Carry your rescue puffer/inhaler with you if you leave your home
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of assistance is available to Sutter team members impacted by the wildfires?
Employees, foundation-affiliated physicians, advanced practice clinicians and medical staff members may be eligible for several types of assistance and resources. Below please find contact information to access the appropriate resources.
- Sutter Health Funded Financial Assistance– Employees, foundation-affiliated physicians, APCs and medical staff members impacted by the fire may be eligible for financial assistance depending on needs and circumstances. Apply online for disaster assistance. You can also call our dedicated call center at (866) 961-2889 if you have questions.
Sutter Health Philanthropic Disaster Relief Fund – Employees, foundation-affiliated physicians, APCs and medical staff members impacted by the fire may be eligible to request funds from this recently established charitable fund. Apply online for disaster assistance. You can also call our dedicated call center at (866) 961-2889 if you have questions.
- Hardship PTO Cash-out – Please contact the Sutter Health Employee Line at (855) 398-1631 to request a hardship PTO cash-out.
- EAP – We realize how disruptive and stressful disasters can be, and we encourage employees, foundation-affiliated physicians, APCs and medical staff members to use the Sutter Employee Assistance Program that provides free counseling services and referrals to local resources, such as emergency housing. You can reach Sutter EAP at (800) 477-2258.
- 7 Cups - A network of trained, compassionate listeners immediately available any time of day to hear what is on your mind. Chat via text with these trained listeners on your smartphone or computer.
- Apply for an LOA – Please contact the Sutter Health Employee Line at (855) 398-1631.
- Prescriptions – SutterSelect members should go to their nearest pharmacy to obtain medication. If a SutterSelect member is unable to access or contact their local pharmacy, they should call another pharmacy in the same chain or MedImpact at (844) 599-4064. Employees with insurance other than SutterSelect should call the pharmacy/PBM number on the back of their insurance card for further instructions. Employees with Workers’ Compensation Claims who are experiencing difficulty getting their prescriptions should contact their claims adjuster for assistance. If an employee doesn’t have the claim adjuster’s number, they should call Sutter Health Workers’ Compensation at: (916) 561-6500.
- Important note for employees receiving Total Temporary Disability checks who have a change of address – Please contact Sutter Health Worker’s Compensation at (916) 561-6500 to provide an updated address or arrange for direct deposit.
- SutterSelect Member Disaster Relief Notification – SutterSelect has special information for members impacted by the wildfires. Learn how to access benefits (PDF) and get your questions answered.