We’re Prepared and Available
Our teams are trained and equipped to care for you while protecting your safety. If you need urgent or ongoing care, we’re ready to treat you.
We've got screening and masking protocols in place for patients and employees. And we're isolating anyone with COVID-19 symptoms.
Why You Should Come In
Delaying care can be dangerous. For life-threatening symptoms, call 911 or go to the emergency room. Check in with your provider if you have a chronic condition.
What to Expect
When you come in, you’ll be screened by phone and before entry. Check in ahead of time through My Health Online’s “Hello Patient” feature and skip the waiting room.
COVID-19 Surge Readiness
If Northern California sees a surge in critical COVID-19 patients, we’re prepared. We’ve taken these actions to get ready.
Our Network’s Strength
- We activated our Sutter Health Emergency Management System in January.
- Our integrated network enables us to move resources to where they’re needed most.
- We’re working with federal, state and local governments, as well as community partners.
- Teams within our network are researching safe and effective COVID-19 testing and treatment.
Our Care Centers
- We’ve converted space to create more critical care units if they’re needed.
- We’ve increased our supply of PPE and other essential equipment like ventilators.
- Our facilities are prepared to serve greater numbers of ventilator-dependent patients.
- Sutter teams are tracking data to predict the spread and potential surge of COVID-19.
We’re Here for You
COVID-19 Advice Line
Call (866) 961-2889 from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm to talk with a clinician who will direct you to the appropriate care.
Use our COVID-19 Screener for an initial assessment of your symptoms and guidance on what to do next.