Our patient and family-centered approach welcomes families as vital participants in a patient’s care. Family members and friends are welcome, keeping in mind the following general guidelines:
- Family and other partners in care, as defined by the patient, are welcome at the patient's bedside 24 hours a day. In double rooms, there is space for one overnight caregiver. Other family and friends are encouraged to visit between 7:00 am and 10:00 pm, as long as they are free from illness.
- In our effort to create a restful, healing environment, we have daily Quiet Time from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am. During this time, voices should be low, TVs off and lights down. In double rooms, phone calls should take place quietly or outside the patient room. Please set phones and other electronic devices to vibrate.
- Please visit patients in their rooms or wait in the waiting area. Keep hallways clear.
- Children may visit between 7:00 am and 9:00 pm. They must be supervised by an adult and wear shoes at all times. Because the hospital environment can be difficult or even frightening for children, we encourage you to keep visits by children fairly short. Our staff can help you plan these visits.
- It is important that we respect your privacy. Please let us know with whom we can share information about your medical condition and hospital stay.
- It is important to protect our patients from additional illness. We ask that ill family and friends delay their visits until they are well.
- To reduce the risk of spreading illness and keep patients safe:
- Please be sure to use hand foam when entering and exiting the patient's room.
- Be sure to note and observe any contact precautions posted on the patient's door. If you have questions, check in at the nurses' station.
- Our staff needs immediate access to the patient. In order to provide the best care for your loved one, we may need to ask family and friends to step out of the room for a period of time, or limit the number of people in the room.
- In double rooms, family and friends must also be respectful of the roommate's needs for privacy and rest. To meet both patients' and families' needs, there may be times when we will ask family and friends to step out of the room or limit the number of visitors.
- If the room curtain is pulled closed, please ask the nurse before entering. This helps ensure patient privacy.
- Profanity, weapons, drugs and alcohol are not permitted in the hospital. Please help us maintain a healthy, respectful, and restful environment for all.
The safety and health of our patients is our priority. Their care requires teamwork, not only from staff, but from family and other loved ones. Please feel free to talk with us about these guidelines, and any special requests that you have. We will do our best to meet your needs, while ensuring the safety of our patients.