Better health. And while those are important, they’re just the beginning. Now’s the time to creatively choose care – and healthy practices – that address your whole self, inside and out.
Let's check in with our doctors and ourselves. Here are a few ways you can care for your whole self.
- Keep a gratitude journal – This mental approach to self-care is a great way to keep stock of what you’re truly appreciative for. Whether it’s daily or even weekly, journaling helps you get your thoughts on paper to clear your mind of clutter.
- Book an annual checkup with your doctor – Scheduling a yearly physical with your doctor is your pathway to better health. At your visit, you can ask important questions and run through routine examinations to rule out many major health concerns.
- Deep breathing exercises – Breathe in comfort. Breathe out stress. It sounds simple on paper, but how do you get started? Attend to your breathing and learn how you can start this relaxation exercise on your own.
- Stay up to date with your vaccinations – Getting your vaccines is one of the easiest ways to stay healthy in the new year. With My Health Online, you’re able to easily see which shots you’re due for.
- Make a goal – The act of making a goal and pursuing it not only helps us grow, it helps us achieve satisfaction in our lives. Whether it’s cooking a new recipe every week or becoming a better listener, set a goal and actively try to accomplish it.
- Get familiar with your health guidelines – Our everyday lives sometimes make it hard to keep up with everything needed to maintain our health. But with health maintenance guidelines, you can see exactly what you need to focus on at any age.
There are lots of things you can do to live a healthier life. If you have any questions about how to implement these tips or any other health recommendations into your day-to-day life, your doctor can help. They’re here to guide you on your path to better health, every step of the way.