Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s important to keep managing any chronic conditions you have, such as high blood pressure, asthma or diabetes. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you need anything from your doctor? If so, call or send them a message.
- Do you have enough of ALL your medications, including those you only use occasionally or for an emergency? If not, request a refill using My Health Online.
- Do you know where the nearest hospital is, in case of an emergency?
- Are you sticking to your important healthcare routines? For example, are you still taking your blood pressure at home? Are you still testing your blood sugar and eating your recommended diet?
- Have you filled out an advance health care directive? It’s recommended that all adults, regardless of age, have one. You can use the online tool WiserCare to fill out the form.
As you adjust to and cope with the changes brought about by COVID-19, please remember to contact your local Community Health Resource Centers for assistance. If you’re a Palo Alto Medical Foundation patient, call your nearest CHRC or submit an online request. We’re always happy to help.
Written by: Jen Hawkinger, MPH and Dionyse Hartmann, RN
Reviewed by: Steven Johnson, PA-C
Last reviewed: March 31, 2020
DISCLAIMER: Sutter Health does not endorse or recommend any of the outside resources mentioned in this article. These resources are meant to assist you in achieving a greater understanding of general health issues and are not intended to be a substitute for medical care. We do not recommend any particular treatment option. These resources do not represent all that is available on a given health topic. We strongly encourage you to consult with your doctor or healthcare professional regarding any questions about your specific health concerns.