Mental health factors influence every aspect of a person's health. Many South Asians underestimate the importance of mental health and its impact on physical health. This section will discuss some common myths about mental health. Mental health, sometimes called "state of mind," affects a person's:
- Rhythms of sleeping, eating, drinking, moving, relaxing, and quality of thinking
- Health habits — moment by moment choices that impact health
- Sense of whether they feel "healthy" or "ill"
- Progression through a diagnosed illness
- Ability to act preventively for good health
Some myths and misconceptions about mental health: