Put your master’s education to work on high-visibility projects that will challenge you and bring out your best. In our Patrick E. Fry Fellowship for Excellence in Healthcare Leadership, you’ll receive hands-on, specialized administrative experience in a variety of settings—acute care hospitals, medical groups/foundations, and ambulatory care environments. You’ll deepen your understanding of the challenges facing today’s healthcare delivery systems, and gain insight into the workings of our integrated, not-for-profit healthcare system.
Fellowship Program Highlights
- Develop your leadership skills while engaging in high impact regional and system-wide projects
- Receive one-on-one mentoring with a Sutter Health executive—CEO, CFO, COO
- Gain exposure in executive-level meetings
- Learn through multiple skill assessments, workshops, field visits, and alumni panels
- Receive comprehensive benefits and salary—while setting the stage for your career
By giving you a solid grounding in today’s healthcare delivery systems, our fellowship program will prepare you to lead the way to the future.
Below is a partial list of outstanding projects and initiatives in which past Fellows have played a major role in leading and/or collaborating at Sutter Health:
Sample Fellowship Projects:
- Creating and implementing a comprehensive dashboard for the pediatric department. The Dashboard includes tracking of transfers and growth opportunities leading to several business plans being created.
- Leading a hospital-wide initiative to address burnout throughout the hospital. Applied for and received funding for a 6 month pilot that include training sessions taught by a multidisciplinary team. Measures include raising the Culture of Safety and Environment of Work scores.
- Created and presented business plans outlining possible programs for hospital, including pro forma and risk assessment allowing leadership to make informed decisions on where to utilize hospital/foundation resources.
- Established monthly lunches where front-line staff meet with CEO to share safety concerns. Designed a feedback system that shared concerns with the rest of the management team and coincided with hospitals “Good Catch” program.
- Worked with vendor and management from infection control and environmental services to bring UV robot to hospital. Robot uses UV rays to kill viruses to decrease c diff, surgical site infections, and other pathogens.
To qualify, you must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident and be currently enrolled in a healthcare-focused MBA, MHA or MPH program at an accredited university, OR a have graduated from such a program in the last 12 months. Sutter Health is unable to sponsor work visas at this time and in the future.
Application and Selection Process
- August 6, 2018 | Apply online to the Administrative Fellow job listing
- September 14, 2018 | Deadline for complete application)
- First of November | Final panel interviews in California (by invitation only)
- July 15, 2019 | Fellowship begins
Online, with application:
- One-page statement of fellowship and career objectives
- Two letters of recommendation
- Graduate transcripts
- Undergraduate transcripts
- One-page statement of volunteer community activities
Original letters of recommendation and official transcripts can be mailed in a sealed envelope directly to:
2700 Gateway Oaks Dr., Ste. 2500
Sacramento, CA 95833
Attn: Fellowship Program
Letters of recommendation (submitted by author) and e-transcripts (submitted by registrar office) may be emailed to: Executive2@sutterhealth.org
If you have questions or would like more information, contact us at: Executive2@sutterhealth.org