Are you ready to put your master’s education to use on high-visibility projects that will challenge you and bring out your best? Join us in our Patrick E. Fry Fellowship for Excellence in Healthcare Leadership, and you’ll receive hands-on, specialized administrative experience in acute care hospitals, medical groups/foundations and ambulatory care environments. You’ll deepen your understanding of the challenges facing today’s healthcare delivery systems, and gain insight into the workings of our integrated, not-for-profit healthcare system.
The healthcare marketplace is changing constantly. In the Sutter Health network, we’re nimble enough to adapt and be an industry leader. - Lam Ho, Telehealth Program Manager
Fellowship Program Highlights
- One year program typically beginning in June or July
- Develop your leadership skills while engaging in high impact projects
- Receive one-on-one mentoring with a Sutter Health
executive (CEO, CFO, COO) as well as peer mentoring with a fellow alumna/alumnas
- Extensive executive development program with individualized career coaching and meaningful interaction with senior executives in multiple learning activities
- Experience in region/systemwide projects
- Exposure/exploration in executive-level meetings
- Education through multiple skill assessments, unlimited confidential executive coaching, workshops, alumni panels and field visits to facilities
- Comprehensive benefits and salary
Upon completion of the fellowship program, you’ll be able to build on your experience as a fellow as you embark on new professional opportunities. Our fellowship program will give you a solid grounding in today’s healthcare delivery systems and prepare you to lead the way to the future.
Eligibility for Program
Eligible candidates for the fellowship program at Sutter Health must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current graduate student of an accredited university enrolled in an MBA-healthcare focused, MHA or MPH program with anticipation of graduating spring 2018 OR a recent graduate in the last 12 months.
- Expressed focus in healthcare administration.
- Sutter Health is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Application and Selection Process
- August 7 | Apply online to the Administrative Fellow job listing
- September 15 | Deadline for complete application (see below for details)
- End of October | Final panel interviews in California (by invitation only)
- Summer 2018 | Fellowship begins
Documents to Submit
- Resume: upload into on-line application
- Statement of fellowship and career objectives (a professional development plan, single-spaced, not to exceed one page): upload into on-line application
- Letters of recommendation: Two original and signed letters of professional recommendation (at least one letter from a faculty member): see submission options
- Transcripts: Official, sealed graduate transcripts: see submission options
Optional (highly encouraged):
- Undergraduate transcripts (official e-transcripts or sealed physical transcripts): see submission options
- Statement of volunteer community activities (single-spaced, not to exceed one page): upload into on-line application
Original letters of recommendation and official transcripts can be mailed in a sealed envelope directly to:
2700 Gateway Oaks Dr., Ste. 2500
Sacramento, CA 95833
Attn: Fellowship Program
Letters of recommendation (submitted by author) and e-transcripts (submitted by registrar office) may be emailed to: Executive2@sutterhealth.org