Proof of the following is required to complete your application to volunteer at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center. You must submit written documentation as part of your application. If you have questions, please call the volunteer program at (510) 204-1695.
Turn in the following immunizations:
Volunteer health requirements for onboarding, to be consistent with infection control policy.
Influenza (For annual compliance, needs to be completed 07/01 or later)
Vaccination/declination required during flu season (November through April)
- Proof of vaccination from the most recent flu season or
- Signed flu declination acknowledging that they will have to don a mask in all patient areas
- 1 Negative TB blood test (QuantiFERON, QuantiFERON-Gold, or T-Spot) from within 30 days of start or
- A positive TB Test Result, a clear chest X-Ray (within the last 12 months), and a completed TB Questionnaire (see attached) (within 30 days of start date)
MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Proof of 2 MMR vaccinations at least 4 weeks apart, or
- Positive titer results for each
- Note: If you receive the MMR titer, if the Rubella is negative or equivocal, you are required to obtain 1 MMR vaccination.
- If the Mumps or Measles is negative or equivocal, you are required to obtain 2 MMR vaccinations.
Varicella (Chickenpox) (= Varivax, Varicella, Varic, VAR, VZV)
- Proof of 2 vaccinations at least 4 weeks apart, or
- Positive Varicella titer result
- If the Varicella titer is negative or equivocal, you are required to obtain 2 Varicella vaccinations.
Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis) (= Adacel, Adacel Boostrix, NOT DTaP or Td)
- Proof of 1 vaccination administered 2005 or later
Hepatitis B (HepB or HBV, NOT HIB)
- IS OPTIONAL, NOT REQUIRED, BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Proof of immunity is considered to be a total of 3 doses and a positive titer
- Should be encouraged to provide proof, as if they are ever exposed to blood/body fluids, follow-up would be greatly improved with this information on hand.
Please contact/ask the Volunteer Department if you have any uncertainty about whether certain documentation is acceptable or not!