Four hospital campuses within Sutter Health’s not-for-profit network achieved recognition today as among the best hospitals in California for 2017-2018 by U.S. News & World Report. The annual rankings rate top hospitals in the state and in major metropolitan regions, as well as top hospitals according to their performance across 25 adult specialties, procedures and conditions.
Sutter Health hospital campuses ranked among the top 50 in the state include:
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center – Oakland campus (high-performing in three procedures/conditions)
- California Pacific Medical Center (high-performing in one specialty and three procedures/conditions)
- Memorial Medical Center Modesto (high-performing in two procedures/conditions)
- Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento (high-performing in one specialty and eight procedures/conditions)
Memorial Medical Center Modesto also received a top 50 hospital in the nation achievement for gynecology. Only 152 out of 4,500 U.S. hospitals evaluated received a national ranking in a least one specialty.
Six additional Sutter Health hospital campuses earned recognition today as “high performers” in at least one adult specialty, condition or procedure, including:
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center – Berkeley campus (high-performing in one specialty and one procedure/condition)
- Eden Medical Center – (high performing in one procedure/condition)
- Mills-Peninsula Medical Center – (high performing in two procedures/conditions)
- Novato Community Hospital (high performing in one procedure/condition)
- Sutter Delta Medical Center (high performing in two procedures/conditions)
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center (high performing in two procedures/conditions)
“Our network’s doctors, nurses, clinicians and employees dedicate themselves daily to give safe, high quality care for patients across Northern California,” said Stephen Lockhart, M.D., Ph.D., chief medical officer for Sutter Health. “Our quality advancements also have an invaluable impact by helping lower costs and improve efficiencies. As an integrated network, we have the ability to share these best practices across our care teams to the benefit of all patients.” Read more... about Sutter Health Hospitals Honored By U.S. News & World Report