San Jose, Calif. – Nov.14, 2017 – Sutter Health opens its newest Walk-In Care clinic in San Jose today, a service of the Palo Alto Medical Foundation, at 685 Coleman Ave., Suite 20.
Sutter’s Walk-In Care clinics offer a new option for quick, convenient care for everyday illnesses and health needs in a stand-alone storefront that is easily accessible. The San Jose clinic is Sutter Health’s sixth Bay Area location. The first clinic opened in Petaluma in late April followed by clinics in San Francisco, Walnut Creek, Dublin and San Ramon.
“Consumers are actively seeking quick and affordable solutions for their immediate healthcare needs,” said Don Wreden, M.D., Sutter Health senior vice president, Patient Experience. “Many people need high-quality care beyond the standard work week, and we’re innovating to make care even more convenient – all while maintaining the personal level of support people have come to expect from our pioneering team.
Sutter Walk-In Care offers an innovative approach to healthcare:
- Nurse practitioners or physician assistants provide treatment for common illnesses, health screenings, vaccinations and wellness services such as smoking-cessation support.
- Each location is open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week, with reduced hours on most major holidays. Thanksgiving and Christmas Day are the only days when Sutter Walk-In Care clinics are closed.
- Patients can call ahead or visit the Walk-In Care website to save their spot, or simply just walk in to the location.
- Sutter Walk-In Care locations offer a comfortable lobby with outlets to charge laptops or phones, as well as complimentary wi-fi, fruit, coffee, tea and fruit-infused water.
- Sutter Walk-In Care is available to adults and children 18 months and older – patients do not need to be an existing Sutter Health patient.
- Sutter Walk-In Care accepts most major insurance plans, and patients would be responsible for their standard co-pay or co-insurance. For those who prefer to pay out of pocket or have not yet met their deductible, pricing is clear and simple, with a standard office visit at a flat rate of $129.
“These new locations offer easy access to treatment for problems like the flu or an ear infection, rashes, and wellness services like sports or pre-employment physicals,” said Carolin Delker, Sutter Walk-In Care nurse practitioner manager. “We hope that by providing more convenient access to care, patients won’t put off getting the care they need to stay healthy.”
Delker added: “Patients appreciate the range of services we provide, and our staff can help people when they most need it. People can come in before going to the office in the morning, or schedule a time on any day of the week that is convenient for them, including evenings.’’
Walk-In Care clinics have the potential to relieve pressure on overcrowded emergency rooms.
“We want to reserve emergency departments for serious and life-threatening illnesses, rather than having people with minor medical problems going there because they have no other option,” Delker said. “At the same time, allowing patients to receive non-urgent care and vaccinations quickly, near where they live or work, should help free up doctor-office visits for those with more serious issues.”
While Sutter Walk-In Care provides a wide variety of healthcare services, patients with serious problems or illnesses that require more immediate attention, such as severe cuts or broken bones, should visit an urgent care clinic, or their nearest hospital emergency department.
Additional Sutter Walk-In Care clinics and their opening dates are listed below.
- Petaluma opened April 27 in Deer Creek Village, 411 North McDowell Blvd., Petaluma, CA 94954.
- San Francisco opened June 13 at 240 King St., Suite G2, San Francisco, CA 94107.
- Walnut Creek, opened June 29 at The Orchards, 2878 Ygnacio Valley Rd., Walnut Creek, CA 94598.
- Dublin opened July 13 at Fallon Gateway Shopping Center, at 3918 Fallon Rd., Dublin, CA 94568.
- San Ramon opened Oct. 24 at 460 Market Place, San Ramon, CA 94583.
To learn more about Sutter Walk-In Care, please visit www.sutterhealth.org/walk-in or call 1-800-972-5547.
About Sutter Health
Sutter Health was named one of the nation’s top five large health systems in 2016 thanks to its integrated network of physician, employee and volunteer pioneers—more than 60,000 people strong. Rooted in Sutter Health’s not-for-profit mission, these team members partner to deliver exceptional care that feels personal. From physician offices to hospitals to outpatient care centers and home services, they proudly support and learn from the more than 3 million people in their care—nearly 1 percent of the U.S. population, in one of the most diverse and innovative regions in the world. Sutter pioneers adopt new technologies, make novel discoveries and embrace creative thinking to help patients and communities achieve their best health. From its street nurse program that provides check-ups for homeless people, to telemedicine-aided specialist consultations, to walk-in care clinics, to smart glass technology, the Sutter Health team goes beyond traditional models to make care more convenient and to nurture and empower people throughout their medical journey.