Remarkable Care. Remarkably Close.
Sutter Health’s new California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC) Mission Bernal Campus hospital is a community care center that integrates the latest technologies, advanced seismic safety and world-class healthcare. Details in its maternity, orthopedics, emergency and elder care services are geared toward creating the ideal patient experience, where high quality care, advanced technology, safety, efficiency and personal touches — such as private rooms — are the norm.
By the Numbers.
Healthy environments foster healthy people. Designed to achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver certification, CPMC’s Mission Bernal campus is constructed and operated in an environmentally conscious way that enhances the patient experience. With approximately 215,000 gross square feet of acute care, clinical and administrative space, the Mission Bernal Campus hospital includes:
- 120 private rooms
- 88 medical/surgical beds
- 22 labor/delivery and postpartum beds
- 16 emergency department exam rooms
- 10 ICU patient rooms
- 19 Acute Care for the Elderly (ACE) unit beds
- Seven operating rooms (two dedicated to obstetrics)
- 360,000 gallons of storm water annually diverted from storm and sewer system
- 50,000 gallons of rainwater used for cooling
- Four days functioning off the city’s grid