PAMF Scholarships Help Fund Future Doctors’ Education
Applications are due April 13, 2018, from eligible students pursuing a medical education
Palo Alto, Calif. (Feb. 7, 2018) – The physicians at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF) continue to help meet future needs for new physicians by awarding scholarships annually to deserving high school students who are committed to becoming physicians.
Since 1993, PAMF physicians have funded and awarded more than 60 scholarships to outstanding local high school students who attend a four-year college and plan to pursue careers as doctors.
The Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group (PAFMG) Pre-Medical Scholarships each total $25,000 per recipient and are paid out to each student over five years, helping students to fulfill their ambition to become a doctor and give back to their communities.
Applications are now being accepted and the deadline for submitting applications is April 13, 2018.
High school students with the following qualifications are eligible to apply for the scholarships:
- Student plans to become a doctor and selects a college major that will prepare him or her for this career
- GPA in top 20% of class (verified by transcript)
- Demonstrated need for financial assistance to attend a four year college or university (verified by FAFSA, SAR, and parent’s tax returns)
- Applicants must live in the areas served by PAMF which include San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
Students who meet the above qualifications can complete an online application found at http://www.pamf.org/premedscholar/. The information listed below needs to be submitted:
- 1,000 word essay discussing student’s interest in the field of medicine, student’s background and life experiences, and need for financial assistance.
- A statement of support from student’s college guidance counselor.
- High school transcript
- FAFSA, SAR, and parent’s tax return
SAT and ACT test scores
For any questions, please contact Dr. Rebecca Leon at email@example.com or by phone at 650-853-2977.