Sutter Health Opens Walk-In Care Clinic in Citrus Heights
Latest Sutter Health location offers same-day, convenient care for non-urgent issues
Citrus Heights, Calif. – Dec. 12, 2017 – Sutter Health opened their newest Walk-In Care clinic in Citrus Heights today, expanding their capability to offer quick, convenient care for everyday illnesses and health needs in easily-accessible, stand-alone storefronts. The newest clinic is a service of Sutter Medical Foundation and is located at 5406 Sunrise Blvd.
“Consumers are actively seeking quick and affordable solutions for their immediate healthcare needs,” said Don Wreden, M.D., Sutter Health senior vice president, Patient Experience. “Many people need high-quality care beyond the standard work week, and we’re innovating to make care even more convenient – all while maintaining the personal level of support people have come to expect from our pioneering team.”
Sutter Walk-In Care offers an innovative approach to healthcare:
- Nurse practitioners or physician assistants provide treatment for common illnesses, health screenings, vaccinations and wellness services such as smoking-cessation support.
- Each location is open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week, with reduced hours on most major holidays. Thanksgiving and Christmas Day are the only days when Sutter Walk-In Care clinics are closed.
- Patients can call ahead or visit the Walk-In Care website to save their spot, or simply just walk in to the location.
- Sutter Walk-In Care locations offer a comfortable lobby with outlets to charge laptops or phones, as well as complimentary Wi-Fi, fruit, coffee, tea and fruit-infused water.
- Sutter Walk-In Care is available to adults and children 18 months and older – patients do not need to be an existing Sutter Health patient.
- Sutter Walk-In Care accepts most major insurance plans, and patients would be responsible for their standard co-pay or co-insurance. For those who prefer to pay out of pocket or have not yet met their deductible, pricing is clear and simple, with a standard office visit at a flat rate of $129.
“We are excited to bring our Walk-In Care to Citrus Heights,” said Kelly Foss, Sutter Medical Foundation’s Walk-In Care manager. “By offering easy, extended-hour and same-day access, we can help with everyday illnesses, vaccinations, and sports/camp physicals to make it easier for our patients to get back to their lives feeling their best. People really appreciate being able to come in before heading to their office, after picking up their kids from school, or any other time that’s convenient for them.’’
Walk-In Care clinics have the potential to relieve pressure on overcrowded emergency rooms.
“We want to reserve emergency departments for serious and life-threatening illnesses, rather than having people with minor medical problems going there because they have no other option,” said Jessica Sawyer, physician assistant for Walk-In Care. “At the same time, allowing patients to receive non-urgent care and vaccinations quickly, near where they live or work, should help free up doctor-office visits for those with more serious issues.”
While Sutter Walk-In Care provides a wide variety of healthcare services, patients with serious problems or illnesses that require more immediate attention, such as severe cuts or broken bones, should visit an urgent care clinic, or their nearest hospital emergency department.
More Sutter Health Walk-In Care clinics are opening in Northern California. The Citrus Heights clinic is Sutter Health’s fourth location in the greater Sacramento Valley, joining three others in El Dorado Hills, Elk Grove and Roseville that opened in 2016. Six more clinics are in the Bay Area, including sites in Petaluma, San Francisco, Walnut Creek, Dublin and San Ramon. The latest Bay Area location opened last month in San Jose.
To learn more about Sutter Walk-In Care, please visit www.sutterhealth.org/walk-in or call 1-800-972-5547.
# # #