Eight Sutter Medical Network Organizations Achieve IHA Top Quality Honors
SACRAMENTO, Calif. —Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) has recognized eight Sutter Medical Network (SMN) organizations for reaching a high level of quality care for Medicare Advantage patients.
The following five SMN organizations achieved 4.5-star ratings for performance across a subset of 12 quality measures during the 2017 reporting year:
- Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation – Sutter East Bay Medical Group
- Sutter Gould Medical Foundation – Gould Medical Group
- Sutter Medical Foundation – Sutter Medical Group
- Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation – Sutter Medical Group of the Redwoods
- Sutter Palo Alto Medical Foundation – Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group
Three other Sutter Medical Network organizations received 4-star ratings:
- Brown & Toland Physicians
- Central Valley Medical Group
- Sutter Palo Alto Medical Foundation – Mills-Peninsula Division/Mills-Peninsula Medical Group
Nearly 200 physician organizations participate in IHA’s Medicare Advantage Measurement Program. IHA is a statewide, multi-stakeholder leadership group that promotes quality improvement, accountability and affordability in healthcare. IHA collects clinical quality data and provides it to the Office of Patient Advocate (OPA) for the Health Care Quality Report Card. OPA considers physician organizations “very good” for achieving 4.5 and 4-star ratings.
To learn more, visit the OPA website.
SMN consists of the Sutter medical foundations, their exclusively contracted medical groups, and contracted independent practice associations. These organizations agree to work collaboratively with the goal of achieving sustainable high quality outcomes and services at an affordable price.