Seven Sutter Medical Network Organizations Achieve IHA Top Quality Honors
Calif. —Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) has recognized seven Sutter
Medical Network (SMN) organizations for reaching a high level of quality
care for Medicare Advantage patients in its Align.Measure.Perform program.
Three SMN organizations achieved a 5-star rating for performance across a subset of 13 quality measures during the 2018 reporting year:
• Sutter Gould Medical Foundation – Gould Medical Group
• Sutter Palo Alto Medical Foundation – Mills-Peninsula Division/Mills-Peninsula Medical Group
• Sutter Palo Alto Medical Foundation – Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group
Three other Sutter Medical Network organizations received 4.5-star ratings:
• Central Valley Medical Group
• Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation – Sutter East Bay Medical Group
• Sutter Medical Foundation – Sutter Medical Group
• Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation – Sutter Medical Group of the Redwoods
Nearly 200 physician organizations participate in IHA’s Medicare Advantage Measurement Program. IHA is a statewide, multi-stakeholder leadership group that promotes quality improvement, accountability and affordability in healthcare. IHA collects clinical quality data and provides it to the Office of Patient Advocate (OPA) for the Health Care Quality Report Card. OPA considers physician organizations “very good” for achieving 4.5 and 4-star ratings. To learn more, visit the OPA website.
Sutter Health is nationally recognized for its high quality care. The not-for-profit network’s employees and clinicians implement best practices throughout its integrated system, helping Sutter exceed safety standards, improve outcomes and help drive down costs. SMN consists of the Sutter medical foundations, their exclusively contracted medical groups, and contracted independent practice associations. Their collaborative work helps drive these outcomes.