Sutter Health Continues With EHR Roll-out
This weekend, not-for-profit Sutter Health took another big step forward in patient care with the successful roll-out of the its Electronic Health Record (EHR) at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center. This marks the midway point for the Northern California network’s systemwide EHR implementation.
In 2008, Sutter Health began to transition its hospitals from paper records to an integrated EHR. Now, with the addition of Alta Bates Summit, the network’s facilities in the East and South Bay areas and the Central Valley have made the switch. All of Sutter Health’s medical foundations—physician and other outpatient care centers—are currently on the EHR.
Next up, Sutter Health’s hospitals in San Francisco, Novato, Santa Rosa, Lakeport and Crescent City will go paperless followed by hospitals in the greater Sacramento area, as well as Amador and Solano counties. By 2015, all patients seen in a Sutter Health facility will have their own unique paperless health record regardless where they received their care.
The EHR allows doctors and clinicians to better manage patient information—from ordering procedures, medications, meals and room preparation to developing and documenting care plans and meeting regulatory requirements. This translates into better, safer care for patients.
Sutter Health Facilities with an EHR:
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center in Berkeley and Oakland
- Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley
- Memorial Hospital in Los Banos
- Memorial Medical Center in Modesto
- Menlo Park Surgical Hospital in Menlo Park
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services in Burlingame
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation in Alameda, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties
- Sutter Delta Medical Center in Antioch
- Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation in the greater East Bay area
- Sutter Gould Medical Foundation in Modesto
- Sutter Maternity & Surgery Center of Santa Cruz
- Sutter Medical Foundation in Amador, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, Solano, Sutter, Yolo and Yuba counties
- Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation in San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma and Lake counties
- Sutter Tracy Community Hospital in Tracy