Sutter Health Opens Latest Walk-In Care Clinic in Oakland
New innovative center in Oakland offers same-day, convenient care
for non-urgent issues
Oakland, Calif. – Sutter Health opened the newest Walk-In Care clinic in Oakland, a service of the Palo Alto Medical Foundation, today at 5095 Telegraph Ave., Suite B.
Sutter’s Walk-In Care clinics offer a quick, convenient care option for everyday illnesses and health needs in a stand-alone storefront that is easily accessible. The Oakland clinic is Sutter Health’s seventh Bay Area location. Other clinics are located in Dublin, Petaluma, San Francisco, San Ramon, Walnut Creek and San Jose.
“Consumers expect on-demand service, and that includes quick and affordable solutions for their healthcare. Many people want high-quality care beyond the standard work week,” said Don Wreden, M.D., Sutter Health senior vice president of patient experience. “Our Walk-in Care clinic teams are putting out the welcome mat for this new kind of care experience: convenient, same-day care that’s custom-tailored to patients’ personal needs.”
Sutter Walk-In Care offers an innovative approach to healthcare:
- Nurse practitioners or physician assistants provide treatment for common illnesses, health screenings, vaccinations and wellness services such as smoking-cessation support.
- Each location is open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week, with reduced hours on most major holidays. Thanksgiving and Christmas Day are the only days when Sutter Walk-In Care clinics are closed.
- Patients can call ahead or visit the Walk-In Care website to save their spot, or simply just walk in to the location.
- Sutter Walk-In Care locations offer a comfortable lobby with outlets to charge laptops or phones, as well as complimentary Wi-Fi, fruit, coffee, tea and fruit-infused water.
- Sutter Walk-In Care is available to adults and children 18 months and older – patients do not need to be an existing Sutter Health patient.
- Sutter Walk-In Care accepts most major insurance plans, and patients would be responsible for their standard co-pay or co-insurance. For those who prefer to pay out of pocket or have not yet met their deductible, pricing is clear and simple, with a standard office visit at a flat rate of $129.
“These new locations offer easy access to treatment for problems like the flu or an ear infection, rashes, and wellness services like sports or pre-employment physicals,” said Carolin Delker, Sutter Walk-In Care nurse practitioner manager. “We hope that by providing more convenient access to care, patients won’t put off getting the care they need to stay healthy.”
Delker added: “Patients appreciate the range of services we provide, and our staff can help people when they most need it. People can come in before going to the office in the morning, or schedule a time on any day of the week that is convenient for them, including evenings.’’
Walk-In Care clinics have the potential to relieve pressure on overcrowded emergency rooms.
“We want to reserve emergency departments for complex and life-threatening illnesses, rather than having people with minor medical problems going there because they have no other option,” Delker said. “At the same time, allowing patients to receive non-urgent care and vaccinations quickly, near where they live or work, should help free up doctor-office visits for those with more serious issues.”
While Sutter Walk-In Care provides a wide variety of healthcare services, patients with serious problems or illnesses that require more immediate attention, such as severe cuts or broken bones, should visit an urgent care clinic, or their nearest hospital emergency department.
Additional Sutter Walk-In Care clinics located in the Bay Area:
- Dublin: Fallon Gateway Shopping Center, 3918 Fallon Rd., Dublin, CA 94568
- Petaluma: Deer Creek Village, 411 North McDowell Blvd., Petaluma, CA 94954
- San Francisco: 240 King St., Suite G2, San Francisco, CA 94107
- San Jose: 685 Coleman Ave., Suite 20, San Jose, CA 95110
- San Ramon: 460 Market Place, San Ramon, CA 94583
- Walnut Creek: The Orchards, 2878 Ygnacio Valley Rd., Walnut Creek, CA 94598
To learn more about Sutter Walk-In Care, please visit www.sutterhealth.org/walk-in or call 1-800-972-5547.