Sutter Health Physician Organizations Earn Elite Honors
Six Sutter Medical Network (SMN) physician organizations that participated in the 2017 Standards of ExcellenceTM (SOE®) member survey, including all five medical foundations, earned Elite status today—the highest honor awarded by CAPG, a trade association for physician organizations. The survey measures criteria such as patient experience, population health and affordability.
SMN Elite Status winners (5 stars/highest recognition):
- Brown & Toland Physicians, serving Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco and San Mateo counties
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation, serving Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties
- Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation, serving Alameda and Contra Costa counties
- Sutter Gould Medical Foundation, serving Stanislaus, San Joaquin and Merced counties
- Sutter Medical Foundation, serving Amador, Placer, Nevada, Sacramento, Solano and Yolo counties
- Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation, serving San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma and Del Norte counties
“Our doctors and Sutter care teams continually focus on thinking ahead, learning and innovating to meet the needs of our patients and make them feel supported,” said Jeff Burnich, M.D., senior vice president of Sutter Health’s Medical and Market Networks. “We’re proud of our efforts to improve quality, safety and accessibility, and to provide meaningful care to those we serve in Northern California.”
Physician organizations voluntarily participate in CAPG’s Standards of Excellence ™ survey. This year, 140 medical groups—covering more than 17 million patients nationwide— took part in the evaluation. The survey ratings, which assess medical group performance in six rigorous categories, help consumers evaluate a physician group’s technical quality, patient experience and affordability.
“Our Standards of Excellence™ survey is recognized as the industry standard by which the nation’s healthcare systems can assess the delivery of accountable and value-based care and improve patient care coordination, in line with the nation’s movement towards alternative payment models,” said Donald Crane, CAPG President and CEO.
For complete survey results and additional information, visit capg.org/soe.