Sutter Medical Network Organizations Repeat Elite Honors
Six physician organizations affiliated with Sutter Health achieve five stars for sixth consecutive year
SACRAMENTO, Calif.–America’s Physician Groups™ (APG), a national trade association for physician organizations, awarded five stars—its prestigious Elite rating—in its 2019 Standards of Excellence® (SOE) member survey to:
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation, serving Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties
- Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation, serving Alameda and Contra Costa counties
- Sutter Gould Medical Foundation, serving Stanislaus, San Joaquin and Merced counties
- Sutter Medical Foundation, serving Amador, Placer, Nevada, Sacramento, Solano and Yolo counties
- Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation, serving San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma and Del Norte counties
- Brown & Toland Physicians – a physician organization that contracts with Sutter Health affiliates to provide patient care – serving Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco and San Mateo counties
Since 2007, APG has administered the voluntary SOE survey to evaluate its member medical groups, health systems and independent practice associations, rating participants in care management practices, information technology, accountability and transparency, patient-centered care and group support of advanced primary care. This year, APG added new metrics to assess organizations’ performance on the social determinants of health, value-based incentives, financial standards and post-hospital discharge follow-up.
“As we strive to lead the transformation of healthcare to achieve the highest levels of accessible, safe, personal, and affordable care, we are proud to receive this recognition for our commitment to delivering the ultimate patient experience,” said Don Wreden, M.D., senior vice president, Patient Experience, for Sutter Health. “Our excellent performance in new survey categories, including value-based incentives and social determinants of health, demonstrates our focus on keeping patients healthy to enhance the well-being of the communities we serve. We are thrilled to honor these exceptional organizations for providing comprehensive, coordinated care to our patients throughout Sutter Health.”
The association posts member ratings on its website to help consumers evaluate the organizations’ technical quality, patient experience and affordability. This year 122 association member organizations nationwide took part in the survey.
America’s Physician Groups began as the Physician Groups Council in 1995 and later was renamed the California Association of Physician Groups, or CAPG. To reflect the growth of its national membership, the association was renamed America’s Physician Groups, or APG, in January.
Each Elite honoree in the 2019 Standards of Excellence member survey will receive a plaque at the APG Colloquium 2019 in Washington, D.C., in November.
For complete nationwide survey results and additional information, visit the APG website.