- Greets patients, staff and visitors. Directs people to the correct departments, answers questions and escorts those who require it. Afternoon, evening and weekend shifts are available.
- Assists with preparing hospital-related mailings, specific projects, and other administrative items.
- Accepts and arranges delivery of flowers, newspapers and mail.
- Maintains a comfortable and welcoming environment in the atrium.
- Greets patients and visitors, assists customers with purchases. Substitute, and flexible coverage shifts, are available.
- Operates cash register and credit card machine.
- Assists with inventory, pricing and display.
- Gift wrapping.
Patient Care Pavilion & Emergency Department
- Meets and greets family members and familiarizes them with Unit procedures.
- Familiarizes families with location of services within the hospital (i.e. Café 101, telephones, restrooms & Gift Shop).
- Assists Nutrition Services, helping patients with menus and offering water and juice
- Assists Nutrition Services, helping patients with menus and offering water and juice.
- Assists patients with meals, TV, Video Program, reading materials and other services that will enhance their stay.
- May assist staff with answering phones, filing, ordering supplies, and other clerical duties.
- May stock treatment rooms, will clean waiting room and replenish magazines, run errands, and assist staff where needed.
Become a Volunteer
Requirements for volunteering:
- Medical clearance: tuberculosis test and proof of immunity to communicable diseases.
- Oath of confidentiality
To become a volunteer at Novato Community Hospital call (415) 638-3866.
Benefits of Volunteering
"There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up." — John Andres Holmes
Volunteering is a wonderful gift that can be given to patients and the community. Volunteers meet new people, make new friends, use their skills and acquire new ones. They feel a sense of accomplishment and perhaps the most important benefit is the satisfaction of knowing they are contributing to their community and making a difference.
Volunteering at Sutter Roseville Medical Center is fun, it’s rewarding, and it’s a way to make a difference in someone’s life every single day.
Novato Community Hospital