Health care providers and Silicon Valley innovators are increasingly using widely accessible and low-cost digital technologies—such as cell phone applications, wearable devices, and videoconferencing—to improve the health of patients and communities. These technologies are helping to make high-quality healthcare more accessible to patients and empowering them to monitor their own health in partnership with their providers outside of the clinic.
Sutter’s Digital Health Technology program is widely recognized as a leader in the development of large scale practices that deploy digital technology products to help patients achieve optimal health:
- Wearable and implantable devices
- Telehealth and telemedicine
- Mobile and web-based applications
- Artificial Intelligence and machine learning applications
Sutter Health has launched a $150,000 fundraising campaign to accelerate advances in Digital Health Technology that promise to improve the care of patients across its service area and industrywide. Philanthropic support will help to support the following areas:
- Digital Patient Experience Team — Expand the Digital Patient Experience Team’s capacity to recruit expert project leaders, software engineers, and web designers who will create new technology-enabled tools and solutions to transform access to care.
- Digital Innovation Fund — Digital technology grants ranging from $10,000 to $25,000 will be offered to physicians who work with digital technology experts to launch promising pilot projects across clinical areas.
- Global Digital Health Fellowships — International physicians and designers (e.g., engineers, architects, user experience designers) will have the opportunity to work beside Sutter Health’s world-class clinical leaders and innovators to prototype, deploy, and test new solutions to persistent healthcare challenges.