Specialty: Integrative Medicine Primary Care - San Francisco
Location: San Francisco
Sutter West Bay Medical Group (SWBMG) has an opportunity for Integrative Medicine Physicians to join Sutter Health’s Institute for Health & Healing (IHH) Integrative Medicine Primary Care practice.
IHH is growing rapidly and is currently recruiting highly skilled Primary Care physicians with knowledge of integrative medicine for its ambulatory clinic in San Francisco. The Integrative Medicine Primary Care practice officially opened in San Francisco January, 2016 and will expand and complement IHH’s existing Specialty Care practice.
We seek passionate, experienced physicians who employ a holistic
approach to patient care, and who want to collaborate with a team of like-minded healthcare
professionals to develop an innovative, transformative, high-tech/high-touch patient-centered
- Strongly allied with the IHH’s vision of healing people and transforming healthcare from within the structure of a leading healthcare system.
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine, with active MD or DO license.
- Physicians, including residents, with an interest in integrative medicine encouraged to apply.
- Competent in facilitative leadership, with excellent communication skills.
- Compassionate, creative, enthusiastic, adaptable, flexible, and self-directed.
- Able to engage patients to take responsibility for their health and healing, and provide support for patients to make behavioral changes.
- Committed to on-going program development, and practice growth and expansion.
- Dedicated to patient outcomes measurement and data-driven improvement to demonstrate the value and effectiveness of care through tracking health measures, functionality, quality of life, access and affordability.
- An experienced Primary Care practitioner with a minimum of 5 years in a collaborative primary care environment, using an electronic health record (Epic preferred).
- Knowledgeable of and experienced in an integrative modality including, but not limited to: acupuncture, functional medicine, osteopathy and/or other manual therapies with clinically-demonstrated efficacy is desired.
Full-time and part-time positions available; candidate should be willing to work expanded hours (evenings or early mornings, etc.).
All IHH physicians and allied providers use evidence-based integrative modalities to address physical, mental and spiritual health. Our clinics currently bill insurance for many of these services, and are funded to assist low income patients. The IHH Clinics currently serve adults and children with a wide variety of acute and chronic conditions. The expansion into Primary Care is in response to patient demand for an integrative approach that also addresses their need for comprehensive, continuous and coordinated care.
The IHH was founded in 1990 at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco, and opened California’s first state-accredited integrative medicine clinic in 1997. The IHH is a nationally-renowned integrative medicine program and operates under the leadership of Regional Director, Judith Tolson, and Medical Director, Jeffrey Draisin, MD. In addition to Primary Care, IHH is expanding its program to other Sutter Health affiliates; currently IHH programs are offered in San Francisco, Marin, Santa Rosa, and Sacramento.
Join us and enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefit package
- Continuing medical education (CME)
funds and education days
- Very robust retirement program
- Positive work/life balance
- Technological optimization of the EHR
- Group leadership
It is the policy of Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation to provide equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of employment without discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, ancestry, medical condition including genetic characteristic, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, physical or mental disability, age or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, political affiliation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws or ordinance or regulation. This policy applies to all employment-related decisions including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, etc.