The PI or PI-Designated Staff:
- Notify PreAward Staff of intent to submit or participate on a proposal.
- Designation of Senior/Key Personnel
- The Science
- The Scientific Abstracts – technical and lay or Scope of Work if we are not the prime
- Scientific keywords (if required)
- *The Bibliography (including PMCID’s/PMIDs/DOI)
- *Budget Parameters
- PI Biosketch (include PMCID, PMID or doi as applicable)
- Resources/Equipment Page
- Notify subcontractors of the name of the grants administrator who will be in touch
- Notify consultants of participation (to be determined who will collect the letters).
- Letter of Support
- Subcontractor Scope of Work
- determine who will write (PI Team or Subcontractor) (usually a collaborative effort
- review and approve final version
- GCA usually collects these with subcontractor documents
- Multiple PI Leadership plan (if applicable)
- Set timelines and prepare checklists
- Provide study documents/forms as requested
- Prepare budgets and budget scenarios
- *Provide to PI/PD a budget justification template and GCA to complete portions of it
- Notify and collect documents required by all subcontractors
- Collect all biosketches from all key personnel. Review for compliance and format for professional appearance (all in the same font and following similar formatting. Formatting is done if time permits.
- Collect compliance documents.
- Prepare the grant application form and upload all documents.
- Assemble all documents, prepare all electronic templates, ensure all requirements are met including formatting, and review for compliance issues.
Director of Grants and Contracts or the PreAward Supervisor
- Reviews and submits all grant applications.
- Reviews and approves science of all applications.