The caring and compassionate health professionals at PAMF offer services to diagnose your condition and create the most appropriate treatment plan. We use various tools to assess your mental health, including:
- Psychiatric evaluation — This is a thorough assessment of your mental health status. The evaluation looks at how your symptoms and behaviors affect your school, work and relationships. It also reviews your speech and language abilities, plus your personal and family history of related disorders.
- Psychological assessment — These standardized question and answer tests assess cognitive functioning (ability to think, reason and speak), personality style, intelligence and level of depression or anxiety.
- Medication assessment — This assessment reviews all medications you take, including their possible side effects and interactions.
- Addiction assessment — This information details current and past use of drugs and alcohol, withdrawal symptoms, and the effects on your relationships, work, finances and health. The assessment also discusses your substance use treatment history and your family history of addiction.
- Eating disorder assessment — This service, offered through PAMF's Nutrition Department, is a comprehensive review of your eating patterns and how that affects your physical health. The Nutrition Department also offers therapy for people with eating disorders.