When dealing with matters of the heart, you can trust the skill and experience of one of the region's most respected healthcare leaders. For more than 45 years, the Sutter Heart & Vascular Institute has provided advanced, compassionate cardiac care for patients ranging from premature infants to the elderly. Sutter offers the widest array of heart-related services in Northern California, including expert diagnosis and treatment for heart attacks, congenital cardiac defects, congestive heart failure, valve conditions, heart arrhythmias, and circulation problems.
From its beginning in 1957, the Sutter Heart & Vascular Institute has been a pioneer in providing the latest advances in care to patients of all ages. The list of notable firsts for Greater Sacramento include:
- First successful open-heart surgery
- First pediatric open-heart surgery
- First heart transplant
- First interventional vascular program
- First to perform coronary angioplasty
- First to perform electrophysiology
- First to perform transmyocardial laser revascularization (TMR)
- First to perform endoscopic vein harvesting
- First to perform pediatric tele-echocardiology
- First to perform pediatric interventional heart catheterization
Our medical staff is made up of cardiovascular experts in the field of cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, vascular surgery, electrophysiology, heart failure, congenital heart disorders and transplantation, as well as our highly trained and experienced clinical staff. Our cardiovascular team is well prepared to diagnose and treat even the most complex cardiac cases.
Patients in the Sacramento Sierra Region have easy access to the Sutter Heart & Vascular Institute. Our services are located at Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento. We also work closely with doctors and take referrals from Memorial Medical Center, Sutter Roseville Medical Center, Sutter Davis Hospital and Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital.