Finding and holding down a job is an important component of a person’s well-being and PEP Jobs can help you get there. We offer one-on-one, individualized job placement services for those with seizure disorders. Our staff works collaboratively with you and the employer to find a match that’s a good fit for you and the organization.
How PEP Jobs Can Help
We help with pre-employment and post-employment services including:
- Cover letter and resume development.
- Interviewing preparation.
- Networking strategies.
- Contacting and following up with employers.
- Organizing and focusing your job search.
- How to talk to the employer about your medical condition.
- Job accommodations.
- 90 days of follow-up support after you’re hired.
- Connecting you with resources and support groups.
- SSI/SSDI benefits planning information.
- Ticket to Work assistance.
Sign Up Now
In order to participate in PEP Jobs, you must meet the following requirements:
- Ready and motivated to return to work.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess legal right-to-work documents.
- Have a seizure disorder or brain injury diagnosis.
- Be free from drug or alcohol dependency for at least 90 days.
If you're interested in learning more about this program, please call (415) 600-4875. Or please complete the PEP Jobs Program Online Form.
PEP Jobs Partners with Employers
Employers can benefit by tapping into a highly motivated and loyal talent pool.
- Pre-screened job candidates.
- No fees, ever!
- 90 days full support to ensure job retention.
- Trained staff dedicated to making a good match.
- An opportunity to give back to the community.
- Workplace education available to help correct common misconceptions involving seizure disorders and brain injuries.
- Tax credits
- On-the-job training money
PEP Jobs' History
CPMC’s Epilepsy Program and the California Department of Rehabilitation established PEP Jobs in 2006 to help people with seizure disorders with employment preparation and with navigating their job search. The program is sponsored by California Pacific Medical Center. Additional partners include the Epilepsy Foundation of Northern California and the epilepsy programs at UCSF Medical Center and Stanford Medical Center. We began working with individuals with brain injuries in 2010, partnering with clients from the Marin Brain Injury Network.
How You Can Help
The PEP Jobs Program is funded by generous gifts from individuals and organizations through California Pacific Medical Center Foundation. We invite you to join our community of support by making a tax-deductible contribution through CPMC Foundation.
Your gift will support free job placement services for people with brain injuries and epilepsy. You can help continue the PEP Jobs Program by making a gift online. For more information on making a gift to PEP Jobs, please contact CPMC Foundation at (415) 600-4400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doctors at Sutter Coast Hospital
Dimitrios Giannakidis, M.D., M.Sc.
Ramsis Benjamin, M.D.
Ilanit Spokoyny, M.D.