The stresses of life can sometimes leave you overwhelmed and interfere with your effectiveness at home and work. Sutter’s Employee Assistance Program provides a wide range of services to address your needs, or your employees’ needs, in the areas of mental and emotional health, financial/legal issues and work/life referrals.
Our services are completely confidential so when you contact us, it’s strictly between you and our staff. We do not contact or share any information with your employer. Also, there is no cost to you for Sutter Health EAP services covered under your plan — no copayment and no claim forms to complete.
Our panel of marriage and family therapists, licensed clinical social workers and psychologists provide coaching or short-term help for issues such as:
- Stress management
- Drug and alcohol use
- Productivity and motivation
- Communication skills
- Relationship difficulty, including marriage and divorce issues
- Parenting skills
- Loss and grief
- Life/career changes
- Personal problems
- Improving the quality of your life
We can provide referrals to a wide network of professionals who help members address special concerns such as:
- Childcare or elder care arrangement
- School selection and college planning
- Financial issues and planning
- Pet care
- Legal advice
To access these services, simply call (800) 477-2258 anytime. Professionally trained staff is available 24/7.
Sutter’s EAP provides a way to connect your employees with services to address their problems and conflicts, leading to a better, healthier and more productive workplace environment.
Managers and supervisors can refer employees to us to find short-term counseling or assessments/referrals. We also provide employee relations training to help workplace leaders better understand and assist employees with their needs, which can boost employee retention and satisfaction.
Employees can access services through:
- Self-Referrals — Most employees can seek help for themselves by calling (800) 477-2258.
- Informal Referrals — If an employee voluntarily seeks assistance from a supervisor, human resource staff member or fellow employee, he or she can be encouraged to contact us to access services. Employees may have forgotten that this benefit is available to them.
- Formal Referrals — When personal problems severely affect an employee's work performance and there is general concern for an employee's well-being and/or sufficient cause for termination of employment, the supervisor may wish to consult us directly at (800) 477-2258. After consultation with our team and the appropriate human resource staff, the supervisor can complete a Supervisor Referral Form.
Health and Wellness
Mindfulness at Work
If you rush through each work day without fully experiencing or savoring anything, you may begin to feel stressed, burned out, anxious and depressed. Learn how mindfulness practices can help increase your sense of control, improve your ability to cope with challenges, and restore your overall well-being and appreciation for life.
Weight Management (Medical, Non-Surgical)
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation