Your serious illness needs exceptional care and support—but not always in a hospital or doctor’s office. Sutter’s Advanced Illness Management program provides nurse-led care and coaching in the comfort of your home.
With AIM, you receive care management, palliative care and advanced care planning to help you manage your health and live life fully. A program of Sutter Health, AIM helps keep you out of the hospital and assists you with the support and care you need to manage your condition at home.
Our AIM team takes the time to understand your health issues, lifestyle and personal preferences to tailor your care plan. We support you and your doctor’s goals with over-the-phone support and in-person visits. If you require hospitalization, AIM staff will be there to support you and facilitate your transition back home.
Once you choose the AIM program, we will:
- Empower you to manage your health.
- Support you to identify your choices, values and preferences for your care.
- Help you cope with your symptoms and provide comfort.
- Assist you and your caregivers to manage your medications.
- Coordinate your care with your primary care doctor and other specialists.
- Help you plan for your future.
Your AIM team also provides education and support for your loved ones. We help them understand anything about your condition that you would like them to know.