At the Alta Bates Summit Outpatient Hand Clinic, our goal is to help you recover from your injury and return to your normal life as quickly as possible.
Our certified hand therapists will evaluate you and provide hands-on therapy for your recovery from post-surgical conditions, repetitive strain and other hand injuries. Therapists maintain close communication with you and coordinate care and treatment plans with your doctor.
Once we develop a plan for your care, treatment may include conditioning and strengthening along with the following therapeutic interventions:
- Joint and soft-tissue mobilization
- Exercise and range of motion
- Modalities to manage pain and reduce inflammation
- Home program instruction
- Customized splinting
- Work simulation and functional training
Our hand therapists work with you to provide a continuum of care. This can start before surgery to within days of injury and continues right through to your return to work and resumption of a productive lifestyle.
What Our Patients Say
- “I am very thankful to my therapist who provides me with attention and takes good care of my needs.”
- “I have been to other therapists but this experience has been much better — in every respect.”
- “I absolutely love the service I’ve received…a fabulous therapist.”