Breastfeeding allows you and your baby to emotionally bond in a special way. It also delivers a wide range of health benefits. The American Academy of Pediatrics and the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology both recommend exclusively breastfeeding for the first six months of a baby’s life. In addition, the AAP recommends continuing breastfeeding in combination with solid food through 1 year of age and beyond.
At Memorial Medical Center, we are committed to helping mothers who want to breastfeed.
We offer breastfeeding support services including:
- Childbirth classes that include training on breastfeeding.
- Phone advice line for breastfeeding questions.
- In-hospital breastfeeding support.
- Rental of breast pumps at our hospital.
- One-on-one support from lactation consultants.
For more information on breastfeeding support, please call (209) 572-7210. Review our complete offering of breastfeeding classes to find a location near you. To make an appointment with a Certified Lactation Consultant, please call (209) 572-7210. You do not need a doctor’s referral.