A certified nurse midwife is a registered nurse with advanced education and training for pregnancy and birthing.
Our nurse-midwives can offer you:
- An understanding of your unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs
- A focus on maintaining your health
- Assistance in making informed choices about your care
- The skills to handle emergency situations calmly and skillfully with the backup of an on-call physician if necessary
- A close relationship during labor
- Continued care after your delivery, such as breastfeeding assistance, emotional support and new mother education
- Help with preconception counseling, family planning, gynecological care, pelvic and breast exams, Pap tests, and screening and treatment for infections
Your nurse-midwife helps you have your baby your way.
At PAMF's Fremont Care Center, nurse-midwives assist doctors. In Santa Cruz, PAMF nurse-wives deliver babies.