At Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento, our Mothers of Multiples (MOMs) Program provides comprehensive and supportive care to mothers expecting twins, triplets or more to make your pregnancy a positive and exciting experience. Our expert team of providers assists your obstetrician by providing a network of support to follow you through your entire pregnancy and beyond.
Because multiple gestation pregnancies are often considered high-risk, this program will provide valuable assistance to you, your spouse and your physician beyond the medical aspects of your pregnancy. It’s designed to improve perinatal outcomes and enhance the pregnancy and birthing experience for mothers.
We work with referring physicians and provide prompt and ongoing reports about the support services their patients are receiving in the program.
MOMs Menu of Services
- Weekly telephone call by the nurse coordinator.
- Nutrition: Supervision for healthy eating for each trimester.
- Lactation consultations.
- Social worker consultations.
- Hospital tours, including neonatal intensive care unit
- Pre- and post-pregnancy support groups for mothers.
- Early postpartum home or office visit.
How to Register
To register, participants must confirm their multiple gestation through a referral from their obstetrician and plan to deliver their babies at Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento.
Doctors at Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento