Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) affects about 30 million Americans. It includes several types of lung disease, although emphysema (damage to lungs over time) and chronic bronchitis (long-term cough with mucus) are the two main forms.
Because people with COPD may not experience cough, shortness of breath or other symptoms until the disease has already progressed, it’s important that you talk to a doctor right away once you notice symptoms.
California Pacific Medical Center offers a comprehensive program to diagnose and treat COPD. We are experts in all aspects of COPD care, from evaluating people at-risk of the disease, to treating those with severe, end-stage disease. We offer the entire spectrum of services including:
- State-of-the art pulmonary function testing lab
- Monitored sleep lab
- Smoking cessation program
- Pulmonary rehabilitation program
- Lung cancer screening program
- Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency screening and treatment — Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency is a genetic condition that can lead to early development of COPD, especially in patients who are smokers. We can do a simple blood test to determine if you have an alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency. If you do, we use regular infusions of the protein to help protect your lungs from developing or worsening COPD.