To ensure you are prepared for your surgery, please follow these instructions prior to your procedure:
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medications or supplements,
as your doctor may want to adjust your dosage or stop these medications before your
- Diabetes medication
- Blood-thinning medications, such as aspirin, Coumadin (Warfarin), Plavix or Ticlid
- Non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory medications, such as Advil, Aleve, Celebrex, Ibuprofen, Motrin or Naproxyn
- Supplements with vitamin E, ginko or fish oil
- Homeopathic medication
- Tell your doctor if you have a heart murmur or artificial heart valve. Your doctor may prescribe antibiotics before your procedure.
- Ask a responsible adult, such as a friend or family member, to drive you to and from the surgery center and stay with you after you return home. You will not be permitted to leave the surgery center alone in a taxi. If you arrive unaccompanied by a responsible adult, we will be forced to postpone your procedure.
- If you received additional preparation instructions from your doctor, please follow your doctor’s specific instructions. If you have any questions, please call your doctor’s office.
- In the three days prior to your procedure, notify your doctor if there is any change in your health, such as onset of a cold, fever or flu symptoms. If you think you may be pregnant, notify your doctor immediately.