Chances are good that you will meet a surgeon on the operating table at some point. In fact, one study suggests that a person may have an average of 9.2 surgeries in a lifetime.
At California Pacific Medical Center, part of the Sutter Health network, we take pride in our experienced specialty surgeons and surgical teams that provide compassionate care for a wide range of health needs. Neurosurgeons perform delicate surgeries in the brain and spinal cord, helping people with epilepsy, cancer, Parkinson’s and other diseases and disorders. Pediatric surgeons care for your children’s needs, from the womb through their teenage years. With gastric sleeve surgery, bariatric surgery teams can help you finally achieve a healthy weight. And by using the latest technology and procedures, doctors can offer special services such as minimally invasive and robotic-assisted hysterectomy to treat ovarian cancer.
Surgeons at CPMC are certified in dozens of specialties. A sampling of available procedures includes:
- Angioplasty and Atherectomy — Cardiovascular surgeons at CPMC perform hundreds of these procedures annually to open arteries clogged with plaque.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery — Cardiac surgeons use this for the 1 out of 10 patients who cannot be helped with angioplasty and stent placement.
- Endovascular Coil Embolization — This technique fixes aneurysms through microcatheters using platinum microcoils, often placed by neurosurgeons.
- Lens and Cataract Surgery — An eye surgeon removes a cloudy area on the lens of the eye and, in most cases, replaces your lens with an intraocular lens.
- Joint Replacement — Orthopedic surgeons replace faulty or damaged knees, hips or shoulders.
- Whipple Procedure — This is a highly specialized and complex surgical treatment for pancreatic cancer. Surgeons at CPMC perform more than 50 Whipple surgeries annually.
We care about your comfort and help guide you every step of the way. Consult with your referring doctor about surgery pre-registration steps.