Chances are very good that you will meet a surgeon on the operating table at some point. In fact, one study suggests individuals may have an average of 9.2 surgeries in a lifetime.
The Sutter Health network includes hundreds of experienced specialty surgeons. Neurosurgeons perform delicate surgeries in the brain and spinal cord, helping patients with epilepsy, cancer, Parkinson’s and many other diseases and disorders to recover. Pediatric surgeons care for your child’s needs, from the womb through their teen years.
We provide surgical services for a wide range of health needs, whether it is a gastric sleeve surgery to finally achieve an elusive weight-loss goal, a minimally invasive robotic hysterectomy surgery to treat ovarian cancer or a cochlear implant to help a deaf child hear.
Specialty surgeons in the Sutter Health network have been recognized for their skill and excellence by many judges of quality in healthcare. Here are a few highlights:
- CareChex — Ranked in the top 10 percent of California hospitals for excellence in neurological surgery
- Truven Health Analytics — Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals
- Healthgrades — Joint Replacement Excellence Award
- Joint Commission — Top Performer in Surgical Care
Whether the surgery you need is common or rare, surgeons across the Sutter Health network are certified in dozens of specialties. At Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation, we perform the following specialty surgery:
- Whipple Procedure — a highly specialized and complex surgical treatment for pancreatic cancer, hepatobiliary surgeons at several Sutter sites are expert in Whipple surgeries.