Sometimes you can carefully plan for your surgery; other times you have a health crisis that lands you in the emergency room. No matter what type of surgery you face, you're in good hands in the Sutter Health network.
Across the Sutter Health network, experienced surgeons care provide a wide of procedures, such as appendectomies, gallbladder surgery, hernia surgery and so much more. With hospitals and 37 ambulatory surgery centers across Northern California, the Sutter network allows you to receive care close to home and without an overnight stay.
General surgeons in the Sutter Health network are trained in a broad spectrum of diseases, performing thousands of operations each year. They are as adept with a laparoscope as they are with a scalpel. U.S. News and World Report, the Joint Commission, the Leapfrog Group and Aetna Institute of Quality are among the many groups that have recognized Sutter Health for surgical and patient care excellence.
We’ve earned numerous awards and recognitions for surgical excellence and patient satisfaction.
- Aetna Institutes of Quality — Quality® Orthopedic Care Facility
- American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program — Meritorious outcome performances in eight outcome areas in all surgery cases in 2013
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy — Quality Endoscopy
- Consumer Reports — Award for LOS and mortality
- Healthgrades — Joint Replacement Excellence Award; Five-star rating for total knee and total hip replacements
- Healthgrades — Top 10 Percent for joint replacement care
- Joint Commission — Top Performer in heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care
- Leapfrog Group — "A" grade for Hospital Safety Score
- Malcolm Baldrige Performance Excellence Program of U.S. — Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
- Press Ganey Associates — Guardian of Excellence Award in patient experience
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons — Top ranking for cardiovascular surgery
- Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento is a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery
- Truven Health Analytics — Top 100 Hospitals for patient outcomes & improved efficiencies in care
- U.S. News & World Report — High-Performing ranking in gastroenterology/G.I. surgery and gynecology