Urodynamics is a group of tests that doctors use to determine how your lower urinary tract is functioning.
Urology specialists in the Sutter Health network may recommend these tests so they can determine:
- How much your bladder can hold.
- How much your bladder can store before you feel the need to urinate.
- How the bladder muscle is functioning.
- If any sphincter or pelvic floor dysfunction is hindering the outflow of urine.
- If you’re retaining any urine in your bladder after it feels like you’re done urinating.
Urodynamics helps identify specific problems related to:
- Controlling your urine.
- Not emptying your bladder completely.
- Feeling a frequent and/or urgent need to urinate.
- Weak urine flow.
- Intermittent flow that stops and starts.
- Frequent urinary tract infections.