Bariatric surgery can dramatically improve your health. It results in significant weight loss and reduces the severity of many serious health conditions related to obesity, including type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, obstructive sleep apnea and joint problems. But bariatric surgery isn’t a cure-all by itself. Successful weight loss also requires a dedicated staff with the expertise to help you overcome any challenges you may face.
The CPMC team includes highly experienced surgeons, medical specialists, nurses, a program coordinator, registered dietitians and physical therapists. Support services include:
- All the information you need to make the right decision about surgery.
- Guidance in pre-surgery preparation.
- Assistance navigating your health plan coverage.
- Support in the crucial phase immediately after surgery.
- Bariatric surgery support groups and medical monitoring in your lifelong adjustment to a new way of eating after surgery.
Our bariatric surgery programs and surgeons meet the highest standards for clinical quality. Highlights of our programs include:
- Surgeons with specialized training and years of experience working with severely overweight patients.
- Thorough expertise in treating obesity as a medical condition, its physical and psychological challenges, as well at associated disease risks.
- Participation in the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program, which requires a rigorous peer review to ensure that we maintain optimum physical resources, human resources and standards of practice. As part of this program, we must report our outcomes to the MBSAQIP database.
- Highest-level recommendations for our program and surgeons by major insurance providers, including Optum, Anthem and Blue Shield.
For more information on weight loss surgery, call (415) 923-3200.