When it comes to major weight loss, you’ll be more likely to achieve long-term success if you surround yourself with people who understand your goals. CPMC offers monthly support groups led by bariatric surgeon Gregg Jossart, M.D. or a guest speaker.
The first hour of every meeting is designed to help people who are contemplating weight loss surgery. You will learn:
- If you are a good candidate for surgery.
- How weight loss surgery can improve diabetes and weight-related medical issues.
- What to expect before and after surgery.
- Potential risks and complications.
- Life after surgery and keeping the weight off.
The second hour provides a forum for those who’ve undergone surgery to share experiences and challenges and discuss life. We occasionally welcome guest speakers, including dietitians, plastic surgeons and psychologists.
Sessions are free. No registration is required. If you have questions prior to one of our sessions, contact us at (415) 923-3200.