HMR (Health Management Resources) Weight Loss is a non-surgical, clinical-based diet program designed to help you lose weight and build healthier routines that last. Our expert health coaches and dedicated members support each other to eat well, be more active and stay on track, even when life gets hectic. Palo Alto Medical Foundation is an official licensee of the HMR Program. In 2018, U.S. News & World Report named HMR a “Best Diet for Fast Weight Loss.”
- Screening — You’ll receive a medical screening before enrolling in the program to determine the appropriate diet option. If you’re under medical care, you’ll receive scheduled medical visits, blood analysis and EKGs.
- Weekly Classes with Individual Coaching — You’ll learn specific how-tos of weight loss, including easy ways to reduce fat and calories without feeling hungry and simple strategies to build physical activity into your daily routine.
- Accountability — Through a close coaching relationship with a health educator, you’ll learn to manage your weight within a structure of personal accountability and follow-up.
- HMR Risk Factor Profile — This health risk appraisal clearly illustrates improvements in medical and lifestyle risk factors as a result of your weight loss to encourage you to stick with new, healthier habits.
- Phase 2 — After the weight-loss phase, you’ll attend HMR’s Phase 2 Program, a state-of-the-art, research-based program. In Phase 2, you will continue to receive support while learning additional simple strategies for successful long-term weight management.
- Measurable Success — HMR’s research-based program achieves unparalleled results, including a published average weight loss of 23.4 pounds over 12 weeks for the Healthy Solutions Quick Start Diet®. PAMF’s HMR® program is considered a “Gold Standard” program, winning awards from the national Health Management Resources parent organization every year for the results we achieve with our patients.