What are the benefits of bariatric surgery?
The benefits–emotional and physical – of achieving normal and healthy weight are significant:
- Increased energy levels, endurance and ability to enjoy physical activities.
- Significant decrease in the risk of heart disease, and improved blood pressure.
- Effective treatment for diabetes, with many patients no longer requiring medication.
- Marked improvement in obstructive sleep apnea or respiratory problems.
- Resolution of skin problems related to obesity.
- Improvement or disappearance of acid reflux symptoms (indigestion, heartburn).
- Significant improvement in back and joint pain.
- Improved quality of life after surgery.