At CPMC, philanthropy provides resources beyond what daily operations can fund to innovate and expand the exceptional care we provide. Together we form a powerful and vital healing partnership for our community. Consider designating your gift to one of our Priority Programs listed below. Every dollar of your philanthropic investment goes directly to the program that most inspires you.
- Acute Care for the Elderly — CPMC's new Mission Bernal Campus offers an ACE unit as a novel model of care delivered by an interdisciplinary team to hospitalized older adults to improve patient outcomes.
- Coming Home Hospice — Here end-of-life care for terminally ill patients and their families is provided in a peaceful, homelike environment. Thanks to philanthropy, comprehensive services including 24-hour nursing and medical care, counseling, meals, and housekeeping services are made possible on a sliding scale.
- Community Health Resource Center (CHRC) — The CHRC offers access to nutritional guidance, support groups, educational lectures, health screenings, and more services to help patients navigate a new diagnosis, manage a chronic disease, or find a path to better health.
HealthFirst — Your gift to HealthFirst will support expansion of this proven primary care model which utilizes community health workers to help uninsured and underinsured San Francisco residents develop skills necessary to control their chronic illnesses before they become critical.
- Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP) — The mortality rate for elderly patients suffering from hospital-induced delirium is an astounding 65 percent. This unique program, funded completely by philanthropy, trains volunteers to keep these patients alert and increase their functional independence, directly reducing falls and hospital readmission rates.
Institute for Health & Healing — A national leader in integrative medicine for more than 20 years, the Institute incorporates the full spectrum of evidenced-based conventional and complementary approaches to address the unique needs of individuals. Philanthropy increases access and enables innovation in the primary care setting.
Music Therapy Program for Hospitalized Patients — In the hospital, music therapy can be used to reduce pain and anxiety, induce relaxation and sleep, provide family support, and more. At no cost, a board-certified music therapist is now available to Sutter Health CPMC's patients, including adults, children and NICU infants. With your charitable donations, the Music Therapy Program will be able to expand, bringing music and compassionate healing to as many patients as possible.
- Program in Medicine and Human Values (PMHV) — Your philanthropic investment in CPMC’s Program in Medicine and Human Values will help provide clinical ethics consultations for patients, their families and caregivers while they deal with difficult decisions. The conversation is brought directly to the bedside whenever possible and when patients are unable to speak for themselves, PMHV ethics consultants help guide loved ones toward a decision they believe the patient would make themselves if they could.
Ungerleider Palliative Care Education Program — Caring for patients at the end of life and helping to guide them toward appropriate care requires core knowledge of palliative practices.