Do you like meeting new people and helping others? PAMF's San Carlos Center Volunteer Program is currently seeking dedicated volunteers who can help us put a smile on every patient's face and add a personal touch to the care patients receive.
Our volunteers assist with a number of tasks throughout the San Carlos Center, including:
- Greeting patients
- Staffing general information desks
- Guiding patients to various locations and departments on the campus
- Calling cabs
- Providing wheelchair assistance and transportation
- Helping patients navigate the parking garages
- Setting out magazines in waiting areas
- Generally making patients comfortable through simple acts of kindness, such as offering a listening ear or a cup of water
Benefits of Volunteering
There are many benefits of volunteering at PAMF's San Carlos Center, including:
- The satisfaction of helping others by making patients feel comfortable and letting them get through their visits as efficiently as possible
- "Get acquainted" tours
- San Carlos Center volunteers work four-hour shifts, Monday through Friday. Shifts are from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm and from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
- Most volunteers work once or twice a week, and we ask that interested volunteers make a one-year commitment.
- Volunteers must be willing to be stationed at various areas throughout the clinic.
In addition, interested volunteers should be:
- 18 years old or older
- Able to come in for an interview prior to starting
- Background check/immunization screening/urinalysis