Thanks to visionary philanthropic partners, CPMC cancer patients get the expertise of an academic medical center combined with the compassion and convenience of their local community hospital. Learn more about cancer programs where your gift can have a direct impact.
Giving Opportunities in Cancer Research and Treatment
- CPMC's Cancer Center — Directed by Mohammed Kashani-Sabet, M.D., offers patients a "whole person" approach focused on all aspects of healing including diagnosis, patient navigation, treatment, recovery and survivorship.
- Cancer Avatar Research Project — Scientists at CPMC's Research Institute are developing a new approach to move beyond the current paradigm for treating cancer to precision therapies based on your own genetic profile.
- Cancer Patient Navigator Program — Patients and their healthcare team have access to dedicated nurse navigators helping each step of the way from diagnosis through treatment and survivorship.
- Center for Melanoma Research and Treatment — Medical Director Mohammed Kashani-Sabet, M.D. is a renowned dermatologist and recipient of the Humanitarian Award from the Melanoma Research Foundation for exemplary patient care, research and scientific leadership.
- Gynecologic Oncology — Dr. John Chan's research efforts — funded in part by philanthropy — give gynecologic cancer patients at CPMC access to more clinical trials than any other medical center on the West Coast.
- Notkin Family Breast Cancer Recovery Program — Shelby and Michelle Notkin understand the necessity for breast cancer patient recovery programs, beginning with diagnosis, through treatment and survivorship.
- Dr. Goodson Breast Cancer Research Fund — Dr. Goodson’s research — made possible with philanthropy — has linked common environmental toxins to breast cancer.
- U.S. News and World Report ranked CPMC as High Performing in Colon Cancer Surgery.
- CPMC patients with stage 4 melanoma have a 5-year survival rate that is nearly double that of the national average.
- Gynecologic cancer patients at CPMC have access to more clinical trials than any other medical center on the West Coast.
- CPMC offers a neuro-oncology program with leading-edge brain tumor research.
The Impact of Philanthropy
CPMC’s philanthropic partners power innovation and transform care for patients.
Dr. Mohammed Kashani-Sabet describes innovative melanoma research and new melanoma therapies available at Sutter Health CPMC.
The Notkin family understands the necessity for breast cancer recovery programs.
The founder of Williams-Sonoma made a visionary investment to benefit cancer research and treatment at CPMC.
An inspired partnership of CPMC donors funded new melanoma therapies and research chaired by Dr. Mohammed Kashani-Sabet.
The Cancer Patient Navigator Program can be expanded with philanthropy to help more patients and their families.
This Bay Area resident and cancer survivor invested in CPMC’s Breast Health Center and breast cancer research.
Grateful CPMC patient and local philanthropist established the Bryan Hemming Cancer Care Center Infusion Suite and Patient Support Services.
Philanthropy Powers Our Innovation
You can be a catalyst in transforming cancer care. 100% of your philanthropic investment goes directly to the program that most inspires you. For more information about the many ways to give to cancer research and treatment at CPMC, please contact:
Campaign Director, Cancer Center
2015 Steiner Street
San Francisco, CA 94115